Volunteer as an Item Writer
Thank you for your interest in PNCB's next workshop, October 11-12, 2018! Share your expertise and make a difference for the profession with this rewarding experience.
Selectees are chosen based on geographic and practice diversity and ability to apply basic item writing concepts. Overall expectations include:
- Working at least 20 clinical practice hours per week related to the credential you hold
- Writing 2 items to apply
- Attending PNCB's 2-day workshop October 11-12, 2018
- Writing 8-10 items at the workshop and 20 more items during your term of service
- Cannot be an author of or contributor to review materials (e.g., books or online modules).
- Contact hours awarded annually for each assignment meeting the standard
- Resume enhancement
- Rewarding collaboration
- Expert mentoring
- Writing skills development
- Letter of Recognition to your employer, by request
- Potential to join other PNCB committees
- Making a difference by supporting the profession
Plus PNCB pays your workshop travel, hotel, and meal expenses. If traveling by air or rail, you pay no out of pocket cost because we prepay your ticket. Hotel shuttle service makes it easy to get to and from the airport. Meals offered during workshop hours are included. Car travel and meals outside of workshop hours for the 2 days are reimbursed per PNCB policy.
Follow these steps to apply
If selected, you'll participate in the 2-day workshop in the Baltimore area on October 11-12, 2018, earn CE, and engage with enthusiastic content experts across the U.S. Selected applicants will be notified by June 30.
Step 1: Learn the basics and earn free CE: Complete our Item Writing 101 Module.
PNCB’s database is being updated to better serve you. During this time, PNCB online module access will not be available. Please omit Step 1 of the application process if you are submitting an application between these dates.
Step 2: Write 2 items using your certification's content outline and reference list below. Be sure to note a citation for each item. We encourage you to use this infographic and manual to support your writing.
Step 3: Call for applications is currently closed.
On the fence?
Email email@example.com with any questions so we can help. We look forward to your application!