Volunteer as an Item Writer
Thank you for your interest in PNCB item writing!
A call-for-applications is not open at this time. Due to an abundance of caution, PNCB has made the difficult decision to cancel the annual workshop for 2020.
Our next workshop is currently planned for 2021. See typical requirements below and share your interest in this brief online form.
Selectees are chosen based on geographic and practice diversity and ability to apply basic item writing concepts. Overall expectations include:
- Working at least 20 clinical practice hours per week related to the credential you hold
- Completing the Free CE Item Writing 101 Module
- Completing an online application that includes submitting 2 well-constructed items
- Attending PNCB's 2-day workshop in the Baltimore, Maryland area
- Writing 8 items at the workshop, and an annual assignment of similar size during your term of service
- Cannot be an author of or contributor to exam preparation or review materials (e.g., books or online modules or review courses)
- May hold faculty positions
- Contact hours awarded annually for each assignment meeting the standard
- Resume enhancement
- Rewarding collaboration
- Expert mentoring
- Writing skills development
- Letter of Recognition to your employer, by request
- Potential to join other PNCB committees (e.g., Exam, Pediatric Updates)
- Making a difference by supporting your profession
Plus PNCB pays your workshop travel, hotel, and meal expenses. If traveling by air or rail, we prepay your ticket so you incur no out of pocket costs. Hotel shuttle service makes it easy to get to and from the airport. Meals offered during workshop hours are included. Car travel and meals outside of workshop hours for the 2 days are reimbursed per PNCB policy.
Follow these steps to apply
The call-for-applications is currently closed. If you are interested in our future workshops, share your interest in this brief online form.