If you or a colleague would like to take the PMHS exam, please be aware of these important updates.
1. Updated exam content outline – based on 2016 job task analysis research
Beginning with the November 2017 testing window, the exam administered will align with the revised content outline (published June 2017).
2. New eligibility opportunity – for November 2017 testing and beyond
If you don’t have a master’s degree or above in nursing but you meet the following requirements, you may now apply. See Eligibility for details.
- Currently certified and licensed in the role/population foci described under Eligibility
- Educated prior to 1992 when a master’s degree in an advanced practice nursing role was not required
3. New eligibility requirements – for May 2018 testing and beyond
- Clinical practice requirement: a minimum of 2,000 hours of pediatric developmental, behavioral, and mental health (DBMH) clinical practice experience (with or without preceptor) while holding an APRN license and
- Education requirement: either 1 graduate level DBMH course of at least 2 credits or 30 hours of DBMH CE
For questions about these changes, contact email@example.com for assistance.