Acute Care CPNP Exam Blackout Updates & Resources
PNCB has launched new CPNP-AC exam forms. Special testing windows are in effect instead of on-demand testing. Please contact PNCB at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Please read this PNCB Statement of Information posted July 17, 2019.
- The April-May 2019 testing window for the new exam closed May 5. Exam results for these candidates were released by email on June 15th.
- Press Release: PNCB Announces CPNP-AC Exam Action
- Eligibility notification for current CPNP-AC exam candidates: Candidates with completed applications will be emailed an eligibility notification with next steps in scheduling their exam. The next testing window is August 1 - November 22, 2019.
- Transcript not final? The 30-day transcript exception policies are still in effect.
- Pass/fail status notification:
- When testing resumes on August 1, 2019: Preliminary unofficial results will be available at the testing center (with no printout). Official results will be emailed within 2-3 weeks.
- January 20, 2020 through February 14, 2020, the updated content outline is in effect. Preliminary unofficial results will not be available at the testing center. Scores will be held for a validation process, and PNCB anticipates releasing exam results by email 6-8 weeks after the close of the window (February 14, 2020).
- Keep your prospective employers informed.
For questions not addressed below, please contact email@example.com.
A: “Transcript not final” exceptions are still bound by the official Board policy. If the final degree or certificate will be conferred within 30 days of graduation, then the student is not eligible for the “transcript not final” exception. See transcript not final policy infographic.
A: Each application will be reviewed for eligibility as quickly as possible. There will not be an expedited option.
A: Candidates testing in the August 1 - November 22 window will receive an unofficial pass/fail notification onscreen at the Prometric test center.
A: Beginning in December 2019, the exam administered will align with the revised content outline (published June 2019), which was the result of a formal Job Task Analysis (JTA) process. Please expand the “Essential: Content Outline” section below for more information.
- Planning to test between August 1 and November 22, 2019? PNCB’s current content outline should be used.
- Planning to test between January 20 through February 14, 2020? The updated CPNP-AC content outline based on our 2018-19 research should be used.
*Content has not changed considerably. You do not need to study differently, and there is no advantage to taking one content outline's exam over the other.
PNCB is in the process of developing new Acute Care forms. The next testing window is August 1 through November 22, 2019.
A: No, only 1 attempt is available per person for the August 1 - November 22, 2019 testing window.
A: This depends on when you apply and when PNCB approves your complete application with final official transcript. As an example, if you are approved for eligibility on September 5, 2019, you will still only have until November 22, 2019 to take your exam.
A: Your complete application, with final official transcript, must be approved by PNCB by 5 PM ET on November 1 to take your exam by the close of the August 1 – November 22, 2019 testing window.
“Transcript not final” exceptions are still bound by the official Board policy. If the final degree or certificate will be conferred within 30 days of graduation, then the student is not eligible for the “transcript not final” exception. See transcript not final policy infographic.