Review Courses & Related Resources
In addition to all preparation resources offered by PNCB, the following support for RNs and employers is available.
PNCB does not provide its own review course for the CPN exam as this would be a conflict of interest.
- The resources below are administered independently of PNCB.
- PNCB does not benefit financially from these opportunities.
- While PNCB cannot specifically endorse a review or learning opportunity below, they are well-respected in the pediatric nursing community. Ask your peers who have had success on the exam what preparatory resources they recommend.
|Nurse Builders: Review Courses & Additional Review Materials
|What they offer individual RNs and/or hospitals/organizations:
- Two-day in-person review courses at hospitals.
- Two-day in-person review courses at regional and national conferences.
- Additional study aids (e.g., books, DVDs, and flashcards).
|About Nurse Builders:
- Nurse Builders is a pediatric nursing education company dedicated to advancing pediatric nursing education, practice, and research. They are an academic, learning-oriented company dedicated to meeting the individual and organization needs of its clients.
- Nurse Builders was founded and is facilitated by Louise D. Jakubik, PhD, RN-BC, CSP, a leading authority on the pediatric nursing certification review process. She also has more than 20 years of experience as a pediatric nurse working in a variety of roles.
- More than 95% of Nurse Builders' participants report success on their pediatric certification exam.
See nursebuilders.net for available resources, a list of upcoming conference and hospital review courses, or how to bring a course to your site. Select hospital courses are open to outside nurses.
|Pediatric Learning Solutions:
A Clinical Education Program for Pediatric Professionals
|What they offer:
- Pediatric Learning Solutions is currently only available to organizations, and not to individuals. See participant list or ask your clinical education department if your employer offers this resource.
|About Pediatric Learning Solutions:
- Offered by the Children's Hospital Association, Pediatric Learning Solutions' online courses deliver foundational knowledge in support of question topics on the exam.
- Created by pediatric subject matter experts and are used to orient new and transitioning nurses to the complexities of caring for children.
- Select courses align to focus areas of the CPN exam content outline and are an additional respected preparatory resource for candidates to consider prior to their CPN exam.
- See which courses align with the CPN exam.
Visit Pediatric Learning Solutions on the Children's Hospital Association website.
|Additional details and benefits:
- Each course is approved for CNE/CE, with a total of 63 contact hours for completion of all courses. Contact hours earned are also approved for PNCB recertification.
- Courses are self-paced, delivered 24/7 through your hospital, and are an average of 30 to 90 minutes each.
- The majority of CPN exam questions require critical thinking through knowledge application questions. Scenarios that require knowledge application are incorporated into courses.
- Immediate feedback enhances learning. Nurses can review correct or incorrect test answers for the courses and see accompanying explanations to deepen their knowledge.