Join PNCB's Board of Directors: Applications Due 3/24
Here is your opportunity to help lead PNCB – an organization dedicated to the promotion of optimal outcomes in global pediatric health by providing certification services that validate specialized knowledge and continuing competence in pediatric nursing. We hope you share our enthusiasm and consider participating in this process that will positively impact the future of PNCB. PNCB values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, and professional level. We encourage leaders from all types of pediatric nursing settings, regions, and a multitude of diverse life experiences and backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking applications from Certified Pediatric Nurses (CPNs), Acute Care Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (CPNP-ACs) and Nurse Executives to fill five board openings this year. The selected CPNs, CPNP-ACs and nurse executive will join our Board of Directors in June 2023 and help set the course for PNCB’s future. This is an exciting time to get involved! Access the PNCB board member role description here.
The 3-year term for the board positions will officially start July 1, 2023. New members will receive a comprehensive Board orientation. The application deadline is Friday, March 24, 2023.
Who should apply:
Actively certified CPNs and CPNP-ACs, as well as nurse executives, chief nursing officers or nurse leaders. Previous PNCB board members are not eligible.
- 2 CPN board seats: CPNs must be actively practicing at least 20 hours per week.
- For one CPN board vacancy, an active Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification is preferred.
- 2 CPNP-AC board seats: CPNP-ACs must be actively practicing at least 20 hours per week in acute care.
- For one CPNP-AC board vacancy, an acute care faculty role is required and practice hours may fall under 20 hours per week.
- 1 Nurse Executive seat: For the nurse executive role, PNCB certification is not required.
Attributes We Seek:
The Board has identified several desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new Board members.
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with pediatric nursing organizations and/or the pediatric nursing community.
- Engagement in nursing trends and passion about strengthening all roles that touch pediatrics.
- Relevant expertise in the disciplines of pediatric nursing.
- Commitment to participate in 9 to 12 board meetings a year (monthly calls and two onsite meetings). PNCB board members are asked to contribute to research, clinical guidelines, policy development, financial reviews, commentary and/or articles, and our awards selection process. PNCB board members serve as board liaisons to committees, task forces and advisory groups. PNCB board members represent the organization at industry conferences such as NAPNAP, SPN, AAP, AANP and AONL. PNCB board members participate in orientation and board development sessions to strengthen their role in governance and leadership.
- Positive leadership attributes; emotional intelligence; ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed.
- Visionary and strategic thinker; demonstrated ability of new and innovative ideas and/or programs within their sphere of influence, incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, and risk taking.
- Dedication to PNCB’s Core Values:
- Integrity: Acting with honesty and taking accountability for all we do and say.
- Quality: Promoting excellence throughout all our interactions.
- Innovation: Providing visionary leadership for the present and future.
- Advocacy: Supporting and promoting the pediatric nursing profession.
- Respect: Embracing collaboration and diversity.
- Must attend in-person winter and summer Board meetings during term (orientation begins by attending the two-day June 8-9, 2023 PNCB Board of Directors meeting in Washington, DC).
- Must participate in monthly Board conference calls.
- May be selected to attend PNCB committee meetings as a board liaison, task force meetings and advisory group convenings.
- May be asked to support PNCB strategic priorities related to your certification.
- Lead for the future: You have the opportunity to serve the largest national organization representing pediatric nurses and pediatric nurse practitioners. PNCB Board members help chart the course for the future of PNCB and the profession.
- Engage with committed leaders: PNCB board members bring their energy and best thinking to every call and meeting. You'll interact with highly engaged CPNs, CPNP-ACs/PCs, a pediatrician, a nurse executive, one consumer member to support PNCB's mission, and our CEO.
- Travel benefit: All costs of board-related travel are paid by PNCB.
How to apply:
Complete our online application by Friday, March 24, 2023. You will upload your resume/curriculum vitae, a short biography, and your photograph. You’ll also provide brief answers to questions to help us learn about the attributes and experience you’ll bring to our Board.
- CPNs Apply Here – holds the PNCB Certified Pediatric Nurse (RN) certification.
- CPNP-ACs Apply Here – holds the PNCB Acute Care Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) certification.
- Nurse Executives Apply Here – PNCB certification is not required.
• Board of Directors Roster
• Current Strategic Plan
• PNCB Bylaws
• March 24: Deadline to receive online self-nomination application.
• Early to Mid-April: Finalists interviewed.
• May: Select slate of officers and directors for approval. Announcement of selection.
• June: New candidates invited to June board meeting.
• July: Assume board role
Thank you for considering this way to make a difference in the many important issues affecting certification for pediatric nurses and nurse practitioners! For more information, contact email@example.com.
At PNCB, we believe our work makes kids healthier.
PNCB is the largest and most essential organization for the certification, continuing education, and competency development of nursing professionals who provide care for children, adolescents, and young adults. Setting the standard since 1975, PNCB is proud of the 53,000+ RNs and advanced practice nurses working each day to make our vision a reality. Children are our future. We’re in this together so that kids get the best possible care today, physically and emotionally, for a healthier world tomorrow. Explore all that we offer at http://www.pncb.org and http://www.ipedsnursing.org.