Self-Compassion Training for Pediatric Nurses
Anyone can learn with PNCB’s new bite-sized Journal Club CE—article included!
It's hard to put your oxygen mask on first—or train colleagues to do the same. But self-compassion and resilience are more critical today than ever for nurses. Step through how a children's hospital designed and evaluated a one-day self-compassion workshop to support their team with our newest CE module: Self-Compassion Training for Pediatric Nurses.
After completing this CE module, the participant will be able to:
- Define self-compassion and additional related concepts.
- Identify examples of these concepts as applied to pediatric nursing practice.
- Recognize self-care practices and how they benefit nurses, the healthcare organization, children, and families.
- Describe research methodology and findings related to self-compassion training at one urban pediatric hospital.
- Consider the feasibility of integrating self-compassion into one’s own nursing practice and daily life.
On completion, this module awards 2.0 contact hours accredited by NAPNAP. The cost of the module is $20.
What references are included?
1 online PDF article (included/provided) to support answering all 12 questions.
Order this module
Find all PNCB CE modules here
Certification is not required to learn with PNCB, so please share with colleagues, students, and others with a passion for pediatric nursing care.