CE: The Child in Room 4: ACEs: Trauma-Informed Care in Pediatrics
Anyone can learn with PNCB’s new bite-sized Journal Club CE—article included!
Another sports physical is waiting in Room 4 of your clinic. Sophie's mom signed her up for a soccer club to take her six-year-old's mind off an upcoming divorce. Plus, Sophie's had tummy aches, been crying more, and withdrawing from favorite activities. Things are obviously piling up for Sophie, and you recognize the signs of potential trauma. Get an overview on all types of Adverse Childhood Experiences and fortify your daily practice with this this article-based module on trauma-informed care.
- explain the concept of trauma-informed care
- identify physiological effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and trauma
- differentiate typical behavioral responses to trauma based on developmental stage
- recognize appropriate management of disorders precipitated by trauma
- list factors that promote childhood resiliency
- identify challenges related to implementing trauma-informed care into pediatric practice