New Adolescent Care Competency Program
- Get Updates: Make sure to receive news for this new program. Join the email list here.
PNCB has exciting news for you and your colleagues who provide care for children and adolescents!
In our 2021 strategic planning survey, 43% of those who responded wanted PNCB to focus on emerging competencies, including subspecialties.
In early 2022, we asked you about your needs or interests as we develop new programs. Respondents identified Adolescent Care and topics supporting care for this age group to be our next competency building program.
Now more than ever, adolescence is a critical time in a child’s development. Our unique program will support those providing care for these soon-to-be adults. You’ll benefit through expert focused education. Adolescents benefit through improved outcomes and access to care.
Here are more details, including our progress and what you can expect:
- The program will involve education with assessments along the way. You will learn from experts and then earn certificates or other achievements to stand out for the knowledge and skills you develop or enhance.
- The program will be tailored to roles across the healthcare team spectrum. For example, our goal is a separate track for APRNs and related providers, another track for RNs, and potential additional distinct tracks for other healthcare team colleagues and community stakeholders. A variety of settings across the care continuum will be included.
- The program will also be flexible. To customize the program to fit your needs as much as possible, you will have choices among the topics offered for completion.
- PNCB has selected an innovative, healthcare-focused instructional design firm to deliver a high-quality, engaging experience.
- We will soon invite certificants to raise their hand to volunteer for a subject matter expert task force, pilot testing, and other roles. Thank you to those who already indicated volunteer interest in the 2022 survey.
- We anticipate the first track to launch will be for APRNs and related providers, with other groups to follow, dependent on feedback on our upcoming in-depth needs assessment study.
We will keep you updated on launch timelines as this project moves forward. Thank you for your engagement, and please reach out with any questions to email@example.com.