Verification of Certification
If you are certified and need PNCB official primary source verification of current certification status for employer, state board, legal, or other purposes, we can help!
Which verifications are free and automatic? When you first earn certification and each time you recertify, PNCB notifies the state board(s) of nursing you listed on your application/enrollment form for free.
Need official verification for work or other purposes beyond the free type above? For primary source verification, you will need to order verification here.
Are you an employer or agency? Order verifications online here.
|Type of Verification
||1st Verification to SBONs on Application
||Additional Verifications to SBONs
||To Employer or Third Party
|Eligibility to Test
- New for CPNPs: Verification is available 24/7 to all state boards of nursing. A board can verify or re-verify information on demand and as many times as needed.
- No additional paperwork is needed for your verification, such as releases or state board of nursing forms. Our primary source verification is accepted by all parties without this additional paperwork.
- Verification of current certification reflects the expiration date of your most recent certification renewal.
- If you want verification of multiple PNCB certifications held, you order each individually.
- If you change boards after an exam or recertification application is submitted, you will need to order verification for the new board.
- For CPNP eligibility to sit for the exam or CPN Excelsior credit verification, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request these special types of verification.
- For Certified Pediatric Emergency Nursing (CPEN) verification, call PNCB at 888-641-2767 ext. 301.
PNCB accepts credit cards, electronic or paper checks.
- Verifications are emailed from our office to the email address provided as soon as payment is received and processed, usually within 2 business days for credit card orders.
Processing: After your online requests(s) and fee(s) are processed, we review your record then email official verification of certification to the third party indicated.